It’s Day 5, and we’re counting down the release of Behind the Bench ~ Book Two of the In the Game Hockey Romance series! Release day is only five days away. Woohoo!!
Today Trey is sharing tips for coaches to have the very best experience for both the coach and the players! He has a lot of experience to draw on. 😀
- Be positive and passionate – be enthusiastic and energetic. Keeping the practices upbeat and full of energy will keep the players engaged and excited about learning and playing.
- Have a plan and set goals – analyze what your team needs, what your players’ strength and weaknesses are, and be creative to realize short term and long-term goals. After each practice, write down what went well and what needs work and be flexible so that you can incorporate that into the next practice.
- Compassion and communication – learn the players’ names, what their strengths and weaknesses are so you can make each player a better person and a better player.
- Communication – Know that there are different learning styles and tailor your teaching and coaching to the player. There is a lot of evidence showing that positive reinforcement works significantly better in encouraging players versus the old-school humiliation tactics. Don’t be a dinosaur! Reinforce the correct way rather than focusing on the mistake.
- Be a good role model – get involved. Don’t just give verbal instructions; show them how it’s done. Being respectful, punctual, and prepared sets the tone for the team.
Volunteering to be a coach and giving back to the community can be a very rewarding experience for you and the players. Have fun!
Behind the Bench (In the Game Hockey Romance, Book 2)
Dr. Danni Angelo is the team physician for the Clarington Quakes hockey team. She’s worked hard to earn the players’ respect, but the new coach, Trey Mason, is stirring things up, and Danni’s worried her job may be in jeopardy.
Trey finds Danni…distracting. Beauty, brains, and sexy moves on the ice have him uncomfortably attracted. He’s the new guy on the block. He has a reputation to build and a standard to set. The last thing he needs is a complication.
When the team spirals out of control and Danni and Trey get caught up in a drug scandal, things heat up on and off the ice. It’s a whole new game plan…Behind the Bench.
Behind the Bench is coming April 17!! It’s exclusive to the COMING IN HOT 2: Rescue Me Romance Collection – 16 medical contemporary or paranormal stories! Preorder now for only 99cents!!